The Hanford Site Records Community is currently debating the challenging topic of raw data and nonstandard file formats as electronic records. As the digital age evolves here at Hanford, we are seeing raw data files and/or nonstandard file formats being submitted accompanying our correspondence as well as defined as contract deliverables.
We are seeking peer input regarding raw data and nonstandard file formats. Please take a few moments to complete the 6 survey questions below:
1. Do you have an electronic record's system?
2. If you have an electronic records system do you have established "acceptable file formats" for your electronic record system? (Examples, PDF, MS Office PPT, DOC, XLS, TIFF, JPG, etc.)
3. Do you accept raw data as a record or is it considered nonrecord?
4. Do you accept raw data and/or nonstandard file formats for storage in your electronic record system?
5. Do you require the software applications that create the raw data and/or nonstandard file format be preserved? If so, how is the records community involved?
6. What issues are you facing regarding raw data and/or nonstandard file formats as electronic record?
Thank you in advance, we value peer sharing. Please advise if you would like a copy of survey results.
Lead Records Management Specialist
R&CM RIM Operations